[zilla_alert style=”yellow”]Click to subscribe for new episodes: iTunes | Stitcher | Overcast[/zilla_alert]
Ray Makela is the CCO at the Sales Readiness Group and is a selling expert. He joins me on today’s show to share why GRIT is so important to success in sales.
What you will learn in this episode:
Ray dives into the power of understanding what GRIT is and increasing your levels of it –
- How to decipher if you have naturally high levels or GRIT or not
- The number of follow ups a GRITTY sales professional sends
- If it’s possible to hit your sales target without all this extra work (the answer might surprise you)
Time stamps for audio version of show:
- [00:35] – Intro
- [02:35] – What is GRIT?
- [03:50] – Is it as simple as being passionate about your product?
- [06:43] – How to we know if we have GRIT or not?
- [08:52] – What makes up a deal that “we can’t lose”?
- [14:10] – How many emails do we need to send before we are considered a “GRITTY salesperson”?
- [19:19] – The difference in follow up between someone with GRIT and without
- [22:39] – How to get back in control of a sales conversation?
- [30:24] – How long is “long term” in the context of sales?
- [35:34] – Can you hit your sales targets without all this extra work?
- [45:05] – Wrap up
- Ray on Linkedin
- Grit: Why passion and resilience are the secrets to success
- The famous TED talk on GRIT by Angela Lee Duckworth
[zilla_toggle title=”Click here to open the transcript” state=”closed”]Coming Soon! [/zilla_toggle]
ENJOY THIS EPISODE? Why not leave us a iTunes review to say thank you. It takes 20 seconds but makes a huge difference to the number of sales pro’s we reach each month.