James Muir is the author of The Perfect Close and on today’s episode of the Salesaman Podcast shares how two simple closing questions can lead to a close rate of 95%.
- Ask for the business without it getting all weird…
- The structure of “the perfect close”
- What to do if the prospect says no to your first attempt at closing
Time stamps for audio version of show:
- [00:42] – Intro
- [02:15] – Do sales professionals close enough of their qualified prospects or are they leaving money on the table?
- [04:17] – Why do we waste so much time with unqualified buyers?
- [05:42] – Should “the close” come out of nowhere or should we be setting it up as we go through the sales process?
- [10:33] – Do you have to love what you’re selling to be able to confidently close?
- [17:09] – What does “change the scope” mean in sales?
- [18:35] – The structure of the perfect close
- [27:14] – Why “closing tactics” will backfire against a professional buyer/procurement executive
- [33:40] – What to do when the prospect isn’t ready to close
- [42:24] – Wrap up
- The Perfect Close: The Secret To Closing Sales – The Best Selling Practices & Techniques For Closing The Deal
- PureMuir.com – James’ homepage
- Linkedin – James Muir