This interview with Bob Urichuck was one of the most involving and rewarding episodes of the Salesman Podcast I’ve ever put out.
Bob’s philosophy of sales is very counter intuitive at first and I don’t think it’s perfect for all sales situations, but used at the correct time it’s very powerful.
We go back and forth and you’ll hear Bob quizzing my sales skills too.
I know, watching/listening to a podcast through a browser sucks. Click the links below and never miss an episode by subscribing on your mobile device –
Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe on Sticher | Subscribe on Overcast
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 1:33 Show intro
- 2:21 Interview starts
- 3:08 Why you need to do the opposite of selling to sell…
- 5:21 How to ’empower’ the prospect
- 8:36 Scripted VS Consultative
- 13:33 Should you engineer the conversation to bring up pains?
- 15:54 The process
- 21:10 Do all conversations need to be centred around business?
- 25:34 Is this all condescending?
- 30:15 Importance of gut decisions
- 36:50 Biggest deal Bob has ever closed
- 43:54 Language used to get the prospect to tell you their budget
- 47:04 One piece of sales advice
- 51:02 Wrap up
Brought to you by: Qstream
Qstream will make your sales teams great in just 3 minutes per day.
It combines scenario-based sales challenges, and the brain science I love in a simple solution which is clinically proven to improve sales results.
Request a free demo Salesman.Red/Qstream and start building a SMARTER sales team today.
BOOK: Velocity Selling: How to Attract, Engage & Empower Buyers to Buy
ENJOY THIS EPISODE? Why not leave us a iTunes review to say thank you. It takes 20 seconds but makes a huge difference to the number of sales pro’s we reach each month.
Click here for a step by step guide to leaving a review.