Mark Goulston is an ex FBI/police hostage negotiator and so if anyone can show us how to change someones mind it’s him.
He was also a UCLA professor of psychiatry for 25 years and so knows the science to back up his advice.
I know, watching/listening to a podcast through a browser sucks. Click the links below and never miss an episode by subscribing on your mobile device –
Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe on Sticher | Subscribe on Overcast
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 2:47 Show intro
- 2:35 Interview starts
- 3:26 The ethics of influence
- 9:41 How to work out how committed a person is to their “no”
- 12:03 Should we move slowly to influence?
- 14:11 What’s going on in their subconscious?
- 27:40 Is a connection worth more than anything else in business?
- 36:41 Is it OK to sometimes go shallow or should we always ask deeper questions?
- 45:06 Wrap up
Brought to you by: Qstream
Qstream will make your sales teams great in just 3 minutes per day.
It combines scenario-based sales challenges, and the brain science I love in a simple solution which is clinically proven to improve sales results.
Request a free demo Salesman.Red/Qstream and start building a SMARTER sales team today.
BOOK: Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone
ENJOY THIS EPISODE? Why not leave us a iTunes review to say thank you. It takes 20 seconds but makes a huge difference to the number of sales pro’s we reach each month.
Click here for a step by step guide to leaving a review.