On this week in sales we’ll be looking at:
- What omnichannel means for sales professionals
- Software to track sales commissions
- Conversational commerce
NEWS:Omnichannel in B2B sales: The new normal in a year that has been anything but
- ⅔ buyers prefer remote human interactions or digital self service
- Eight in ten B2B leaders say that omnichannel is as or more effective than traditional methods—a sentiment that has grown sharply throughout the past year—rising from 54 percent at the start of the pandemic to 83 percent in February 2021.
- B2B budget projections indicate a willingness to spend as well. Despite ongoing market volatility, six in ten respondents plan to maintain or grow their operating expenditure investments over the next five years. And nearly half (47 percent) plan to expand their capital expenditure over the same period
- Hybrid sales reps will soon become the most common sales role. With omnichannel established as the new buying norm, 64 percent of B2Bs intend to increase the number of hybrid sellers over the next six months
- 63% of L&D pros globally agree that L&D has a seat at the executive table, up from 24% in March 2020.
- 51% of L&D pros say that internal mobility is more of a priority now than before COVID-19, with employees at companies with high internal mobility staying almost 2x longer. Since COVID-19, internal hires make up a greater share of all hires.
- 69% of Gen Z learners reported that they are making more time to learn
- 76% of Gen Z learners believe that learning is the key to a successful career. They want to learn new skills to uplevel their performance (83%), and explore topics that they’re curious about (73%). These numbers ranked higher than any other generation when we asked them the same questions.
- Gen Z also spends 12% more of their time on LinkedIn Learning building their hard skills when compared to the average learner