On this week in sales we’ll be looking at:
- Almost half of sales leaders have avoided the shift to remote selling
- The UK see’s the biggest drop in economic output in 300 years
- Salesforce rumoured to wanting to acquire Slack
And much more!
This Week In Sales hosts:
- Will Barron – Salesman.org/Youtube
- Victor Antonio – Youtube.com/user/salesinfluence
HubSpot Sales Enablement Survey: Rebuilding the UK’s new business pipeline
- Research found that 56% of UK businesses have seen their new business pipeline reduced because of COVID-19 and expect recovery to take 12 months
- Almost half (48%) of UK businesses haven’t made any changes to support remote selling
- While 64% of respondents are finding it more difficult to build relationships with prospects due to having less face-to-face contact
- The research also found that 58% of sales representatives across the country feel it will be difficult to reach their targets by the end of the year
- Younger people aged 18-40 are the most optimistic about their chances of meeting targets through November and December, and are 26% more optimistic than those over 55.
- 22%) of sales representatives are looking to sell into new markets, showing the willingness to be flexible through the difficult times.
British Chancellor – Spending Review
- Biggest drop in economic output in 300 years
- He’s not expecting the economy to get back to pre-pandemic levels for two years
- Unemployment predicted to rise to a peak next year of 2.6 million people in the UK.
Goldman Sachs said to cut ‘classic middle-aged males’ in equities trading
- One headhunter said most of those leaving are “classic middle-aged males” of the kind whose skills are increasingly being superannuated by technologists at all banks.
5 Thoughts on Salesforce’s Reported Interest in Acquiring Slack
Why would the world’s biggest CRM software company be interested in buying a firm whose software is most commonly used by people to message their co-workers? It probably has a lot to do with how that software is now also increasingly used to interact with people at other firms via shared messaging channels
It’s quite an understatement to say that Salesforce, whose sales and marketing expenses still equal more than 40% of its revenue, both has tremendous go-to-market reach with enterprises and is considered to be very good at selling and marketing its wares.
Fast Private 2020: Winning By Design teaches how to be a sales superstar
Winning By Design noted on fasted-growing-private companies list. Their revenue has gone from –
- 2017 revenue: $417,893
- 2018 revenue: $2,136,824
- 2019 revenue: $6,504,996
Vaccines are coming! But the problem isn’t solved overnight.
Enthusiasm and confusion greeted announcements this week about the efficacy of a vaccine candidate from the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca. It’s now the fourth vacine to report preliminary results of success in press releases.