Warren Buffett is widely regarded as one of the worlds top deal markers. Yet he works within a very concise and actionable set of rules.
Tom Searcy is a big/key account selling expert and has literally written the book on how Warren Buffett closes deals. This is what we’re diving into on today’s episode of the show.
I know, watching/listening to a podcast through a browser sucks. Click the links below and never miss an episode by subscribing on your mobile device –
Subscribe on iTunes | Subscribe on Sticher | Subscribe on Overcast
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 1:05 Show intro
- 1:34 Interview starts
- 2:20 Is the only outcome that we win the business?
- 4:03 Should we be looking to build long term relationships with everyone we deal with?
- 8:48 Do the ‘hustlers’ have the DNA to close a complex sale?
- 12:54 Are people becoming less tolerant to follow-up?
- 17:39 How to customise a pitch?
- 24:38 How to take price out of the conversation
- 36:15 The importance of having a reputation
- 46:25 Wrap up
Brought to you by: Qwilr
Are you wasting time on proposals & quotes that get lost in your prospects’ inboxes?
I personally use Qwilr to win more business by replacing boring old sales documents with beautiful webpages.
Then I’m instantly notified when sales leads open my pages so I can be proactive in my follow up.
Grab a free trial at Salesman.Red/Qwilr.
BOOK: Whale Hunting: How to Land Big Sales and Transform Your Company
BOOK: How to Close a Deal Like Warren Buffett: Lessons from the World’s Greatest Dealmaker
ENJOY THIS EPISODE? Why not leave us a iTunes review to say thank you. It takes 20 seconds but makes a huge difference to the number of sales pro’s we reach each month.
Click here for a step by step guide to leaving a review.